Monday, December 7, 2009

Its official....

I am stressed. I've tried to resist it, I've tried to deny it. Today, I'm embracing it.

My car is broken down...again. It made a squealing noise today and a terrible smell, and its making a clicking noise. I already need my back breaks redone and my oil change, but I don't think a. is being caused by b., and I'm afraid its all going to end up costing me big money.

Add that to the fact that Christmas is coming up, and whereas I usually love doing big gifts for people, this year I just don't think that's going to happen. Jason is graduating and I would love to throw him a big party to celebrate how proud of him I am for graduating college...that can't be either.

Then our wedding. Even though my parents are paying for everything, I still feel bad about it. I always have when I cost them money.

I know that I need to trust God with my money. And I know that if I have faith in Him, he will take care of everything I need. I'm constantly praying for God's mercy and guidance.

So, if it seems I'm a little distracted lately, I am. If I don't seem as friendly and bubbly as normal, its because I'm not. Please don't chastise me for it, or tell me to "put on a happy face". Let me be silent and pray, please.

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments: